I’ve got another easy, fast and no-oven heat involved recipe for you juuuussttt as the temperatures are rising around there parts.
I LOVE my Instapot.
Like love… LOVE. I have zero idea what I did without it before it came into my life… so I’ve asked the incredibly talented recipe creator and dedicated nutritionist that I now call a friend, Kara Swanson for some assistance again.
And ladies… and gents… she delivered.
You’re gonna love how easy this one is, no matter what you’re eating these days… this chicken Instapot recipe is quick, easy and DELICIOUS. Enjoy!
Lemon Garlic Instapot Chicken Recipe
This dinner is the perfect solution to your busy weeknight dinner dilemma! Plus, it’s a yummy way to get in some veggies and protein and there’s so much flavor you’ll be craving it again and again. I love the fresh taste of lemon and the Instant Pot really locks in a lot of the flavor in the chicken. You can’t beat a meal that’s healthy AND takes less than 25 minutes. Sign me up. I love this recipe and we eat it over and over again at our house. You can eat it plain or add brown rice or cauliflower rice for a low carb option perfect for soaking up some of the yummy juices.
Lemon Garlic Chicken
1 lb chicken breast
2 tbsp olive oil
1 bunch asparagus, chopped
1 large onion, sliced
lemon zest, from two lemons
4 tbsp lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 tbsp butter
1 tsp basil
salt, to taste
- Turn Instant Pot on and select Saute. Add the olive oil to pot and then add the chicken to cook for 2-3 minutes to help lock in the juices. Remove from pot and place on a plate.
- Melt butter in Instant Pot then add onions, asparagus, garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, basil, and salt to taste. Cook for a few minutes until asparagus and onions are slightly cooked through.
- Place the chicken back into the Instant Pot, lock the lid, and turn the valve to sealing.
- Select Manual (or Pressure Cook) and set the timer for 7 minutes. It will take a few minutes to come to pressure and starting counting down. When done, release the pressure after 2 minutes, then remove your Instant Pot lid.
- Remove chicken and cube. Eat as is or serve with brown rice or cauli rice.