I’ve been meaning to get back into the kitchen for recipes for you, but as with all things in this season of my life, I needed some help in getting easy, quick and healthy recipes crafted for you, from Jenna’s Kitchen.
So, I’ve enlisted the help of a very talented and dedicated nutritionist that I now call a friend, Kara Swanson.
Kara is going to be contributing a few recipes for you every month here on JennaRammell.com and after seeing her first few, I’m SO excited to see what else she has in store for us.
It’s nearly summer around here, and the last thing I want is to heat up an oven for meals- so I’ve asked Kara for easy, light on the cooking, light on the calorie recipes. Here’s her first one for us, and I’m SO looking forward to making this one with fresh tomatoes from Andrew’s garden.
Chicken BLT Salad Recipe for Jenna's Kitchen
It’s warming up and I’ve got quick + easy lunches on my mind right now. I love how simple and satisfying this BLT Chicken Lettuce Wrap recipe is. It’s the perfect meal prep option and quick lunch on the go. It’s high in protein, low in carbs and a healthier alternative to regular chicken salad because I use Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Mayo that’s free from soy, canola oil, dairy, gluten, and sugar. Can’t wait for you to try this recipe and see for yourself how easy it is to whip up a healthy + simple lunch.
BLT Chicken Lettuce Wraps
1 lb chicken, shredded
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1/4 cup Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Mayo
1/2 tsp garlic powder
4 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
2 green onions, sliced
2-3 tomatoes, sliced
Romaine or green leaf lettuce for serving
- Turn Instant Pot on and select Saute. Let heat for a couple minutes then add the bacon. Cook until crispy and set aside on a paper towel. Press cancel to stop sauteing.
- Season chicken breasts with sea salt. Add 1 cup water to pot then place chicken breasts and put lid on.
- Turn valve to sealing, and select Manual (or Pressure Cook), high pressure for 10 minutes. It will take a few minutes to come to pressure and start counting down.
- While the chicken is cooking mix together the lemon juice, dijon mustard, mayo, garlic powder, and salt until well combined.
- Chop the green onions, crumble the bacon, and slice tomatoes.
- When the cook time is over, turn the Instant Pot off and let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes. Remove lid and place chicken on a cutting board to shred.
- Add chicken to mayo mixture and mix until well combined. Stir in bacon crumbles.
- Add chicken salad to lettuce wraps with sliced tomatoes.