Let’s talk hair care y’all! I lost so. much. hair. after having Ruby. It truly was heartbreaking. Nothing feels worse as you’re coming to love and accept your changing body/self to also have your hair thin out. I have some tips and tricks and hacks for your hair if you’re looking for any! I hope these make you feel confident + gorgeous like the lady you are!
How can I get my hair to grow?
- Quit using heat on your hair! This sounds a lot harder than it is. Embrace your natural hair and let it flow free. Reserve the times when you need to use heat for special occasions.
- Embrace the braids! Have you met my friend Abby Smith of Twist Me Pretty? I love her. She is one of my bff’s and also neighbors! It’s so fun having her so close! She has an AMAZING braiding course for you that will teach you how to braid like a boss. A cute braid at the front of your hair can look really good and allows your hair to get a break from the heat.
- You know that Skin Bae serum of mine that people are raving about? Yeah! Spray that goodness in your hair or rub it through your ends. This stuff is amazing at fortifying your hair keeping it from breaking and being all brittle!
- If you’re looking for Magical Hair Growth/smelling magical/feeling magical– I have a blend that you NEED to try.
Magical Hair Growth Spray 🌈
Add all ingredients to a spray bottle. Shake well before using. Spray on wet hair at the root and brush through out to stimulate hair growth as well as make your hair smell delicious.
What products should I use in my hair?
- I have found that like my skin, my hair likes products that let it breathe and not feel “sticky” or “crunchy.” So try a gentle shampoo + conditioner and DO NOT wash your hair every single day. Give it a break. Let those natural oils show. Braid it & wear a hat. No one will know that you haven’t washed your hair in a couple days annnd this helps regulate the oils on your scalp!
- My amazing friend Abby also made this awesome texturizing spray that won’t leave your hair full of junk and chemicals. I like to spray this in my hair daily, it smells good and gives me amazing volume.
- When you do use heat, put a heat protectant on your hair. My favorite heat protectant is super simple and super clean.
All Natural Extreme Heat Protectant
- 1 teaspoon Fractionated Coconut Oil
- 1 tablespoon sweet almond oil
- 2 teaspoons conditioner
- 1 cup water
- 5 drops Clary Sage
- 5 drops Geranium
- Pour half of water into spray bottle.
- Add Fractionated Coconut Oil, sweet almond oil, conditioner, and essential oils into bottle.
- Add remaining water and shake well.
- To use, apply one spritz to hair and work it through until hair is lightly coated. Style as normal.
Good luck ladies! I wish you good fortune and magical hair growth! xo