I am currently back to my former life and counting macros. It took me awhile to get to this place postpartum, BUT here i am! I am ready to buckle down and get laser focused on my nutrition.
I have a Trader Joe’s riiiight by my house so this is my go to grocery store! I love finding macro friendly foods to spice up this macro life of mine. Technically you can make anything fit your macros (you really can), but not all foods are created equal.
If you aren’t familiar with macros– the goal is to stay within an allotted amount of carbs, fats and proteins. You weigh your food in grams and it can all be logged + tracked into My Fitness Pal. I got my numbers from @iheartmacros, but you can also find lots of macro calculators online.
Here’s some of the macro friendly foods I grab from Trader Joe’s:
Reduced Guilt Chunky Guacamole
30 cals: | .5 P | 2 C| 2 F
- This is yummy to pair with chicken and low carb chips.
Serrano Salsa Fresca
10 cals: | 0 P | 1 C | 0 F
- I love cooking chicken in this salsa– just right inside my instant pot.
15 cals: | 0 P | 4 C | 0 F
- Forever trying to spice up my chicken– this is another salsa that I will put on my chicken.
Reduced Guilt Pita Chips
99 cals: | 3 P | 15 C | 2.5 F
- Everyone needs a yummy “low-carb carb” now and then.
Uncured Turkey Bacon
60 cals: | 12 P| 0 C | 3 F
- Great for breakfast or spicing up a salad.
Riced Cauliflower and Broccoli, fresh and frozen
55 cals: | 4 P | 10 C | 0 F
- This is an awesome rice replacement.
Trader Joe’s Speculoos Cookie Butter
90 cals: | 1 P | 8 C | 6 F
- This seems odd to add because it’s def a treat, but spreading this on a rice cake or onto toast can be suuuper yummy.
Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt
120 cals: | 22 P | 7 C | 0 F
- This is awesome at breakfast or adding to smoothies/protein shakes.
Taco Seasoning Mix
10 cals: | 0 P | 1 C | 0 F
- Keep spicing up that protein yalllll.
Reduced Guilt Spinach & Kale Greek Yogurt Dip
30 cals: | 1 P | 2 C | 2.5 F
- Spread this on your chicken and veggies girlll.
96% Lean Ground Beef
130 cals: | 21 P | 0 C | 4 F
- Super lean beef to add to anything you’d add ground beef to.
Turkey Hot Dogs
90 cals: | 12 P | 2 C | 3 F
- Turkey hot dogs and mustard is the easiest lunch you can come by in the macro world.
Lite Shredded Mozzarella
45 cals: | 5 P | 0 C | 3 F
- Cheese is essential for salads
Sprouted MultiGrain Bread
90 cals: | 5 P | 15 C | 1 F
- 2 slices of this bread is the equivalent to 1 slice of a traditional white bread. You can have a FULL sandwich!
Fat Free Cottage Cheese
80 cals: 14g P | 0g F | 4g C
- Add some salt and pepper and enjoy!
Cage Free Peeled Hard Boiled Eggs
60 cals: 6g P | 4g F | 0g C with yolk
16 cals: 4g P | 0g F | 0g C without yolk
- Easy for breakfast or to add to any salads.
Cage Free Liquid Egg Whites
25 cals: 5g P | 0g F | 0g C
- I will cook 2 eggs with the yolk (because the yolk is the yummy part) + add in some egg whites for added protein.
Organic Brown Rice & Quinoa Pasta
200 cals: 5g P | 2g F | 43g C
- If you need a pasta, this one has less carbs than most!
- Put this on eggs, chicken, salads– all the things!
Premium Chunk White Chicken
70 cals: 12g P | 2g F | 0g C
- I prefer fresh cooked chicken, but sometimes you need a quick canned chicken!
Just Grilled Chicken Strips
110 cals: 25g P | 2g F | 0g C
Frozen Just Grilled Chicken Strips
90 cals: 16g P | 2g F | 1g C
- This is precooked chicken strips that you can spice up with various salsas from this list or add this to a salad.
Chunk Light Skipjack Tuna
60 cals: 14g P | 1g F | 0g C
- Add to salads or make a yummy tuna lettuce wraps!
Chili Lime Chicken Burger
150 cals: 19g P | 6g F | 3g C
- Yummy chicken burgers! Wrap these in lettuce with all your fixings and yum!
Fat Free Feta Crumbles
35 cals: 7g P | 0g F | 1g C
- Add this to a salad or your morning eggs.
Fat Free Ricotta Cheese
45 cals: 6g P | 0g F | 4g C
- You can slather this on some protein or add it to a salad.
Good luck with your macro counting! Let me know if you have any macro friendly favorites from Trader Joe’s! xo